Beiträge von Neystratiou

Hi there guys.
    Well the new approach chart probably will be for Makedonia airport (LGTS) in north Greece, an ILS approach to RWY 15, based to the real one of the nearest RWY 16.
    Check below the real procedure:

Do you like it? You find it useful for your missions?
    Feel free to post your remarks mates :).
    Nikos.

...mit unserem 1stGW-NATO-Skin hab ich es noch nicht ausprobert...

Hi there my friend.
    Well IF i understand you right (you see i know only english and translate via google :D), you asked about an issue with the specific skins.
    IF the skins are based on the Aegean Aggressors, then you must re-create them again (means they are NOT the default ones in the Aegean theater, but some improved version by you)!
    This because "JanHas" already correct them in relation to the Aegean v1.5 that they were with many issues.
    I hope to help a little.
    Nikos.

Hi there "Sparrow".
    Well as you said, of course and we agree.
    And i can see and understand your nice point. But let's leave it as it is, due to the fact that is an IFR procedure (and NOT a VFR one) as also because the U.S. and NATO military procedures use the same method, means to concentrate on the fix that is the final turn instead of the fix of the MDA.
    Of course we are talking always for IFR procedures that need a final turn.
    So thank you for pointing out your ideas and i will have them in mind.
    Take care my friend.
    By the way after your remark, the radial at holding already added, just as an extra clarification :winki:.
    Nikos.

Well, thank you "Sparrow" my friend that you got my polite clarification with no wrong meaning. I'm trying to help in order to clear any confusions and to enjoy the Aegean and its procedures the maximum.
    Now 2 things:
    1) About your remark for a possible misunderstanding of where is the position of the holding, i will insert also the radial as an extra clarification. Thanks for spotting this. Of course the experienced pilots will not confuse it, because i give the mention (IAF), and IAF is unique inside the chart. And since we crossing it with heading of 022 deg. then it can be ONLY on R-202!
    2) About your remark for the fix of 3.3 DME on KLI R-202 at 1,400 FT, i can tell you these:
    First i think that you understand that this is the fix that we leave the KLI R-202 with heading of 022 deg. and we make the left turn on track 020 deg. almost perfectly align with the RWY 02 in order to land.
    This fix should be seemed into the chart and it is one of the most important ones! Always in all charts that we have a non direct/line in approach (like all the ILS approaches) and needed a final turn, we must specify that fix that we have the final turn.
    You should not be confused with the fix that we have the MDA, in our case at KLI 3.5 DME on R-202 at 1,450 FT.
    So when we reach the MDA at 1,450 FT (of course very near to KLI 3.5 DME) we must check to see if we can see the RWY or its ALS.
    - If we can see on of them, THEN and only then we can continue to descend with our 2.5 deg. gradient (or 265 FT/NM) and then when we cross the KLI 3.3 DME at 1,400 FT we must make our left turn on track 020 deg. to land on RWY 02.
    - If we don't have in sights any of the previous (RWY or its ALS) THEN it is mandatory to we maintain the MDA altitude (1,450 FT) and continue to fly level on that altitude.
    Then we have 2 options:
    a) If until and MAPt fix at KLI 2.8 DME we have the RWY or its ALS in sight, then it is up to us (to the pilot) if he will try to land or to go around.
    b) If we cross the MAPt fix at KLI 2.8 DME and don't have the RWY or its ALS in sight, then we MUST go around.

So i think that now it is very clear that the fix of KLI 3.3 DME on R-202 is very important and can't be not shown in the chart.
    Also that there is no really need to be shown the MDA fix in the profile section (since it is very clearly specified at the minimums section) , as the most real charts also do.

Please feel free to discuss or ask anything you want from me about the procedures or anything that i can help.
    Very nice to meet you as also to help with these small clarifications.
    Have a great time in Aegean theater and stay tuned. The new version 1.6 is very close to the release now with a GREAT Kasteli airbase :).
    Nikos.

Without to be seemed as an offender here to the friend "Sparrow" that i respect him a lot (i know from Markus that he was a real pilot), i think that in this calculation he made a mistake.

Please correct me "Sparrow" if this part "2 * PI * r (27NM) / 360 *208" is not for calculate the distance of the arc of the KLI TACAN 27 DME!

So if this is your target, then your maths formula is incorrect!

This is the maths formula in order to calculate a portion of a contained arc: 2 * PI * R * (a/360)

where: PI=3.1416 (constant), R=radius, a=the contained angle

So we have for the specific arc in Kasteli TACAN approach: 2 * PI * R * (a/360)= 2 * 3.1416 * 27 * [(230-202)/360]= 2*3.1416*27*0.0777= 13.18 NM.

And NOT 98.01 NM!

I hope to help a little.

Nikos.