Beiträge von Neystratiou

Hi dear friends.
    Well i'm pleased to share with you my new work: A Calculator for Navigation position.
    A lot of times we need the GPS coordinates from a know point via a radial and DME to an other one. Also to find the DME (distance) and the radial between 2 known points.
    So with this program that is an xls file (opens with Microsoft Excel 2003 or later) we can do that.
    The most popular 10 theaters already covered.
    Below you can see how it is:

The accuracy of the calculated values is almost perfect.
    You may see variation of 0.001' (minute) in coordinates, 0.01 deg. in radials and 0.01 NM in DME.
    It can be used for BMS 4.32 as also 4.33. Theaters that have no changes in their coordinates from 4.32 to 4.33 version, will be fully usable.
    That means that Korea, Israel and Balkans theaters have the same coordinates and can be used their both versions with this program.

Get the program from here: http://www.bmsforum.org/forum/…ation-position-Calculator
    I hope to like it and to enjoy it.

Nikos.

Now check the status in BMS 4.32:
    Below i'm heading perfect via HSI

And i have very small variation in HUD

But at least, when i'm place my FPM over the tadpole, also the diamond come over them in HUD and all 3 have a very small variation with HSI bearing pointer!

In 4.33 what should you trust for precise navigation when they can't be cross checked between them? Which one points to correct and perfect direction?
    For me this is a very big issue in 4.33 for the moment! I can't create perfect navigation stuff like in 4.32... X(
    I hope to they release a fix for that with the 1st update.
    Nikos.

Cupra my friend, i just made a check again with no luck...
    See below my 2 photos that i'm heading perfectly to nav. steerpoint 1:

Notice that my HSI in 2nd photo is perfect on heading to STPT1, but at 1st photo the diamond as also the tadpole are away of the FPM to the right!
    According to "TO-BMS1F-16CM-34-1-1.pdf" page 143 at middle, when we are in NAV mode then the cue of tadpole is in STPT and the diamond is in SPI.
    Of course that isn't like this!
    Also keep in mind that i don't load a DTC as also i don't touch anything before to get these photos! A clear mission and when i'm into the cockpit, i just turn a little the jet to be "on heading" to the STPT via HSI...
    Any ideas?
    Nikos.

Hello dear friend.
    Well no, i never "touch" that SPI until now :)
    I will gonna look at it as you said, Thank you.
    And come back if i need any clarification.
    See you.
    Nikos.

Hi there my dear friends, i hope to be fine.
    Well i have an easy question that maybe you can help me.
    In BMS 4.33 there is a variation between a Nan. steerpoint and the tadpole. If we are heading perfectly to this steerpoint via HSI, then inside HUD tadpole isn't perfectly into FPM (Flight Path Marker) as it should.
    In 4.32 we had no similar issue. I read into BMS forum about the delta and how to reset this, but that gives no solution or maybe i didn't understand it correct.
    Any advices? Do you also have this issue?
    Because it is very important to me in order to create very precise nav. charts :D
    Thanks in advance
    Nikos.

Hi again Tom.
    Well sounds great that you are a strong user of Enermax PSU's like myself. Anyone that try them for one time, then he never gets away of Enermax :)
    Now about your motherboard, i see that you are looking for an Asus one.
    Stay sharp, because last years Asus has drop its quality! I'm a hobby technician for pc's the last 18 years and i use only Gigabyte motherboards! Never disappointed. Great quality on their PCB and very stable BIOS, something that is far away Asus!
    So if you want, take a look on this board GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 here: http://www.gigabyte.com/produc…uct-page.aspx?pid=5497#sp
    It has exactly the same specifications as the Asus one, and the chipset of the USB 3.1 is from Intel, and not from Asmedia as in Asus!
    Maybe check it in some reviews for better idea.
    I hope to help.
    Nikos.

Hi there my friend Tiger.
    Well if you are looking for a good PSU also, check this Enermax Maxpro 700W here: http://www.enermax.com/home.ph…1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=88&no=301
    or the more expensive one (but super) Platimax 750W here: http://www.enermax.com/home.ph…1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=52&no=171
    Enermax is one of the best brands over the world for PSUs.
    I have the Enermax Galaxy 850W now 8.5 years and still serve my needs just fine...
    Just a polite suggestion and only, the decision is on you :)
    Nikos.

You are welcomed dear friend "Bflat" and i would like to see your next awesome video.
    Thank you for your kindly words and i wish to all the friends/members of this nice virtual squadron to have a great time in your new home theater in BMS 4.33.
    I'm trying my best (actually my very-very best :D) in order to manage to have the Aegean theater conformal with the BMS 4.33. It would be very bad to be lost a so great and fully functional with the best around navigation stuff theater.
    Let's see if i will succeed...
    I will be close to you, maybe to can help you some time even for my non theater :).
    Nikos.

Great video my friend "Bflat", Bravo!!!
    Gentlemen, may i have your permission to download it and keep it as a very nice memory to the usage of Aegean theater by the 1st Glory Wings?
    Also if you like, post it to BMS forum... IF of course you want, since it is a great video by the stage director "Bflat" :).
    Nikos.

As an example, 4 days ago i installed/seted up a nice small but strong pc with motherboard from Gigabyte (like always in my life, and NEVER from Asus!!!).
    After 2 days of use, the board died... X(
    First time in my 23 years of set/install pc's life to see a Gigabyte motherboard to die so quick!
    The board was the GA-H81M-S2PV rev. 3.0.
    Nikos.

O.k. copy that.
    But why not to try the MSI one? Don't be afraid, it is also a good brand! I had 3 cards by it in the past, good quality. At least the past years, now we have the damn economical crisis and everything goes down in the term of quality... ;( even the good stuff.
    Nikos.

Markus, don't go for the Gigabyte one!
    I just checked Amazon posts for it and some users complains for reboot in their pc after they installed that specific card!
    I don't know if they had an early bios version of it, but it is better to stay away of troubles, and especially since that i was suggested this to you :)
    So i was taken a look at this MSI http://www.msi.com/product/gra…G.html#hero-specification and see only good posts.
    The length of its PCB is 277mm, so check that will fit o.k. into your pc.
    It has great core clock at 1,060 MHz (even more than Asus) as also memory at 6,100 MHz (again more than everyone else similar card!).
    So maybe this baby is for you....
    Take a look at this review here: http://www.overclockers.com/ms…ing-8g-video-card-review/
    Nikos.

Copy that.
    But check some reviews, because not always the more fans means more cooling as also more silent!!!!
    Also a bigger PCB length (means more weight) creates issues to motherboard after some time, if you got what i mean (in the slot)!
    So keep them in mind :winki:
    Nikos.

Nice, i have used a lot of Sapphire's graphics cards in the past. A very good brand, as also Gigabyte!
    But also take a look at this from Gigabyte: http://www.gigabyte.com/produc…uct-page.aspx?pid=5500#ov
    It is like the Sapphire's one of your link, with only small variation at the GPU core that is at 1,025 MHz instead of 1,040 MHz from Sapphire's. No big deal, not noticable that :winki:
    And the PCB from Gigabyte is 243mm instead of 308mm from Sapphire's, a good plus for the room into your case!
    And Gigabyte has a good quality of its parts! Don't be afraid for this.
    Check the prices as also the years of warranty for both of them, then just choose.
    I hope to help you...
    Nikos.