Beiträge von Neystratiou

Markus my friend,
    Since you want to buy a new graphics card from AMD side (good thought :D), think of the Gigabyte brand or Sapphire or MSI.
    My second hobby job is technician for pc's, and i can tell you for sure that Asus simply sucks in the term of quality in their products (motherboards - graphics cards)!
    My last try on them was 1 year ago, i bought an Asus R9270-DC2OC-2GD5 and after 11 months it started to show weird boxes into the monitor.
    Think of it, and of course the decision is on you... :winki:
    Nikos.

Moin guys.
    Well i see that your last mission in Aegean theater is ready.
    So since you say goodbye to Aegean theater via Akrotiri airbase that has no nav. charts, here you are:
    An airport diagram and an ILS approach to RWY 29 of Akrotiri airbase in Cyprus:

It is a nice conversion from Pafos charts, they are perfect and usable.

Notice: The Middle Marker isn't working! So just use it as a simple Fix.

Both of them will be sent to Dro16 and Reaper via pm in order to have them. I want to be used and kept ONLY inside this squadron! Thank you.
    I want to believe that you felt that Nikos was always side to you all this time that you used the nice Aegean theater :).
    Take care.
    Nikos.

Hi there friend Slick.
    Well i didn't say that HAF (Hellenic Air Force) is better than TuAF. But after i saw the post title "What happens daily in Aegean" (Was täglich über Ageas passiert), it was a little non clear the correct meaning of it.
    So thanks for clarifying that. No problem by my side. Anyway the statements by me doesn't change the real status in the area, so better for the europian friends to know about that.
    Take care.
    Nikos.

Well, if you want the truth, TuAF violate the greek FIR every day! I was a military radar operator for 20 months in HAF, and the 6 months i was in the radar of Limnos island, so i know the pure truth!
    It is easy to understand as also to see this, check the boundaries of the 2 countries! Then you can see that Aegean sea is GREEK!!! Very-very small part belongs to Turkey, very close to its coast lines. That means that ANY interception OVER the Aegean sea, instantly means a turkish violation!
    So the very bad turkish claim a very idiot idea that Aegean sea belongs to both countries. Of course they forget and ignore the global treaties!
    It is good to know which one is the worse NATO partner!
    Also think this: They shot down the russian Su-24 for ONLY 17 seconds of flying into its territory. Now what greek Air Force should do when they flying over Skiros island as an example (check the map to see and been shocked of its position).
    These just to let you know... :winki:
    Nikos.

At "Hunter" and "Caesar":

Thank you guys for your kindly words.
    I hope to like this small but interesting update :).
    If you need any help with this or find any issue, let me know. My pleasure to help you.
    Also in general if you ever need any extra infos or clarifications about my stuff, feel free to contact me.
    Always land the "bird" safe.
    Nikos.

Hi there mates.
    Well some time ago friend Markus "Reaper" has requested to me some extra NavAids.
    Christmas are very near, so it is time for gifts.
    This is my gift to all of you members of this nice Falcon virtual squadron. An update (v1.61) to Aegean theater v1.6 that includes 2 new extra NavAids:
    - Beykoz VOR/DME (BKZ) NE of Uskudak city, and
    - Izmir VOR/DME (IMR) SW of Izmir city.

First get the update installer from here (file "Aegean_theater_update_v1.61.exe", size 5.99 MB): https://mega.nz/#!dgAxWbaa!pwk…Or0ytKoY2ExzCwR93gxiAPfYE

Then run the exe file and follow the easy and clear installation instructions. Then verify that you have successfully apply it from the theaters menu, just check its version number:

Pay attention to these remarks:
    1) This update should be installed OVER the already installed Aegean v1.6 theater.
    2) This update is critical for online MP flights! Be sure that EVERY pilot has apply it before flights!
    3) This update does NOT affect any missions created via Aegean v1.6, and it is fully conformal with them!
    4) With this update you have a new NavAids list pdf file as also both the optional "te_new.tac" files.

Be advised: This update is dedicated to "1st Glory Wings". So please use it ONLY inside this squadron without sharing it outside! Thank you for respect this.

I really hope to like this small update.
    Merry Christmas to all of you and a happy new year.

Nikos.

Hi there my friend Peter.
    Well first of all, as i said and you also agree, it is "a last" chance in a very bad situation and only.
    Now after that, i can say to you these:
    - Don't use so "hard" and often the real life rules into BMS. I don't know if you know that BMS has a lot of limitations in its code that doesn't allow the fully application of all real life's rules. Example is all ILS in BMS have only 3 deg. slope, but in real life we have some different ones like 2.75 or even 2.5!
    Also the placement of PAPI and VASI isn't the perfect one in a lot of airports!
    Sometimes we must compromise with what we have and don't use real rules where we can't just apply them...
    - The fact that you usually have an ATC conroller is great! But that doesn't eliminate the possibility some time in some mission to really one (or more) Falcon pilots to be in a similar situation. So having this method in mind isn't at all bad. It will be just an extra last "weapon" in their hands and will be on them IF they would try it. I NEVER push the others to follow my methods/suggestions!!! I only share my personal ideas and only!
    - About your concern for "obstacle clearance", i already gave some examples at airstrips similar post. There it is very clear that at some airports/airstrips the method can be applied. A quick look at your proper Enroute Low Altitude chart and you may can have an idea IF you can use this method or not (like for Leros airstrip to RWY 18, for example that is super obvious that you can or to RWY 16 of Skiros airport).
    - I never say that this method is based to a real approved one. I just expressed one idea by me when everything else went wrong and bad :).
    - "for all your calculations you use 2.5° glideslope". Yes, this is completely right, for all the non precision approaches! Why not? Why i should put a pilot to an estimated 3 deg. slope while he has in his hands the 2.5 deg. dive line in HUD that can offer GREAT execution of the approach? Or this is not approved, means the usage of a 2.5 deg. slope? Of course and it is and instead with 3 deg. they BOTH are the "nominal" slopes! DO NOT confuse the ideal ILS 3 deg. glideslope with the non precision approaches of 2.5 deg. (or 3 deg. or even any other angled ones)! They are different approaches and i can tell you after personally i have study more than 400 REAL military procedures that the 2.5 deg. slope in the non precision approaches is also been heavily used!
    - I always respect and i will do that anyone else's methods and ideas. So please every time that you may read something by me, do not think that my target is to affect the others (or to force to follow) with my personal ideas/ways! Noway mate. I just share my knowledge and ideas and ONLY that, this is crystal clear :winki:.

Last as already in our conversations, this is only my positions/reply to yours. No offending here or any "ego" reactions :thumbup: I always enjoy talking and change opinions with you!
    Thank you very much for your kindly words.
    I also wish you Merry Christmas with full of health. Also to all the rest friends of this forum.
    See you again my friend.

Nikos.

Hi again mates.
    Well this time let's see how we can use the ARP Fix of the airports that have a diagram in order to we have an almost precise "non precision" approach.
    This method can be used ONLY to airports that have a diagram and are a sigle RWY type with RWY length of 8,666 FT. Also the RWY should not have any displaced thresholds, like the new Kasteli airbase.
    So the sigle RWY type airports have RWY of 8,666 FT. The ARP Fix is perfectly in the middle of the RWY and over the centerline. That means that the ARP is exactly at 8,666/2=4,333 FT from each one RWY threshold or 4,333/6,076=0.71 NM -> 0.7 NM.
    Now for a 2.5 deg. descent for 4 NM we have 265FT/NM x 4NM= 1,060 FT.
    Finally our FAF will be at 4.7 DME from the ARP of the airport and at 1,060 FT above the RWY elevation with a 2.5 deg. slope.
    As an example i will use the Ifaistos airport in north Aegean sea.
    The imaginary case is that i was had a missed TACAN approach to RWY 03 on Ifaistos airport (the published one), and now i'm low on fuel and the nearest airport is the Megas Alexandros at north at 65 NM... Weather is bad with low fog that gives visibility of 0.7 NM (set from 0 FT to 4,255 FT).
    I have only fuel for one last approach and i'm already stressed in order to make it.
    Ifaistos airport has no ILS at both RWY's, so my last chance will be the usage of the ARP:
    FAF will be at 4.7 DME of ARP Fix, at 1,070 FT (1,060 FT + 10 FT RWY elevation) on ARP R-210 inbound with heading of 030 deg. for an approach to RWY 03.
    Below i'm exactly at FAF (4.7 DME of ARP Fix at 1,070 FT on ARP R-210 inbound) ready to start my 2.5 deg. descent

Below i'm at ARP 1.3 DME (or at 1.3-0.7=0.6 NM from RWY threshold) and the RWY just be in sight (visibility set at 0.7 NM)

Since i'm keeping the CDI centered at HSI i'm very well aligned with RWY, see below at ARP 55/61=0.9 DME (or at 0.9-0.7=0.2 NM from RWY threshold)

Finally i had an easy and smooth touch down on RWY 03 of Ifaistos airport

So let's summarize this method:
    - Use it ONLY at airports with single RWY that has length of 8,666 FT and NO displaced threshold! This airport must have a diagram to get the ARP GPS coordinates.
    - Altitude of FAF 1,060 FT + RWY elevation.
    - FAF at ARP 4.7 DME at calculated altitude on Radial of opposite RWY with an inbound course and a 2.5 deg. descent.
    - Touch down will be at 0.7 DME (43/61).
    - Be advised: DO NOT place the FPM over the STPT sign (diamond)! Place it over the 2.5 deg. pitch dive ladder!

If you have any questions feel free to ask. My pleasure to help you.
    Nikos.

Moin guys.
    Well a lot of times i have got questions on how to convert the descent rate to degrees a virtual pilot when he is already online (means he is flying) and has no time to run my specific xls file to make the conversion.
    So i already have a personal maths formula for that, that is very accurate:
    a = (D.R. / 100) - 0.2
    where "D.R." is the descent rate in FT/NM, and "a" is the converted angle in degrees.

- Example: TACAN approach to RWY 02 of Kasteli airbase has a descent rate of 409 FT/NM from IAF until and KLI R-202/10 DME.
    So we have (409/100)-0.2=4.09-0.2=3.89 -> 3.9 degrees. (in perfection 409 FT/NM are equal with 3.86 degrees).
    That means that we must execute a descent of 3.9 degrees from IAF to KLI R-202/10 DME.
    - An other one example: ILS approach to RWY 29 of Tanagra airbase has a descent rate of 359 FT/NM from IAF until and TGR 9.1 DME (over the TGR 11 DME arc).
    We have (359/100)-0.2=3.59-0.2=3.39 -> 3.4 degrees. (in perfection 359 FT/NM are equal with 3.39 degrees).
    So we need a descent of 3.4 degrees until TGR 9.1 DME.

You can see how precise is this formula for angles from 0 to 5 degrees.
    Also it is very easy to remember it as also to calculate it in real time when you are flying :winki:.
    I hope to help.

Note: The specific formula can be also used in order to convert climb rates to degrees!
    Nikos.

And something last:
    Use this method ONLY when you are sure about "obstacle clearance" to a RWY of an airstrip.
    So in the next 3 examples you can have a safe glidepath:
    At Leros airstrip, it is safe to RWY 18

At Alex. Papadiamandis airstrip, it is safe to RWY 18

At Yalova airstrip, it is safe to RWY 18

But at some other airstrips you may NOT be sure for a RWY with safe glidepath!
    So please avoid to use this technic/method in airstrips that you are not well informed about a safe RWY glidepath!
    Nikos.

Hello there friends.
    Well i want to tell you a nice method in order to utilize the airstrips in Aegean theater with precision, in bad weather/low fog.
    So some times we may find ourself to be with low fuel or with damage and needed to have an alternative airport for landing. But that airport it may be an airstrip and the weather may be bad or we may have low fog.
    In these cases, this is what you can do in order to land the aircraft with safety and precision:
    ALL the airstrips in Aegean NavAids list has the GPS coordinates in the middle of their RWY. The airstrips have a RWY of almost 6,000 FT or almost 1 NM.
    So each one RWY threshold has a distance of 0.5 NM from that fix, means from the middle of their RWY that we have the GPS coordinates.
    Now for a 2.5 degrees slope we have 265 FT/NM. That means for a distance of 4 NM we have a variation in altitude of 4x265=1,060 FT.
    Finally out at 4 NM of RWY threshold or 4.5 NM away from the middle of the RWY of an airstrip (of the fix that we have GPS coordinates) we must be 1,060 FT above the RWY elevation. Then we can execute a nice 2.5 deg. descent.
    So my personal rule for airstrips (and ONLY for airstrips) is: out at 4.5 NM of middle of the RWY (see the GPS coordinates in the NavAids list) be at (1,060 FT + RWY elevation) and then execute a 2.5 deg. descent while keep at the HSI the RWY heading as course centered!
    This will bring you almost perfectly to RWY threshold of the desired airstrip.
    Let's see an example below, my approach to RWY 27 of airstrip Milos. Milos has RWY elevation of 20 FT, so my FAF will be at 4.5 DME out of Fix with N36 42.085' and E24 16.993' (from NavAids list) at 1,060+20=1,080 FT with course at HSI 090 (as a Radial for inbound to Fix with heading of 270 deg.).
    Below i'm exactly at FAF (4.5 DME from Fix) ready to start the dive for a 2.5 deg. descent

Below i'm at 2.2 DME from Fix (or at 2.2-0.5=1.7 NM from RWY 27 threshold) with my 2.5 deg. descent established

Below i'm at 1.1 DME from Fix (or at 1.1-0.5=0.6 NM from RWY 27 threshold). This is the point of DA for an ILS approach. Notice that i still have no RWY in sight due to low fog (fog settings from 0 FT to 3,645 FT or visibility of 0.6 NM)

Below at 56/61=0.92 DME (or 0.92-0.5=0.42 NM from RWY 27 threshold). The RWY just be seemed now. Notice how well aligned i'm! My FPM needs a small correction to below in order to i have a touch down early due to small RWY length!

Here the correction to my FPM (Flight Path Marker) already made and i'm ready to touch down

And last "touch down" from outer view

I hope to help you with that specific method.
    Pay attention to these:
    - Use as a Fix the GPS coordinates of the Aegean NavAids list.
    - Calculate the altitude by add 1,060 FT to RWY elevation.
    - Your FAF will be at 4.5 DME of the Fix at the calculated altitude. Use as Radial the opposite RWY and have an inbound course on this.
    - Your touch down will be at 0.5 DME (30/61).
    - Be advised: DO NOT place the FPM over the STPT sign (diamond)! Place it over the 2.5 deg. pitch dive ladder!

If you have any questions feel free to ask. My pleasure to help you.
    Nikos.

Peter my friend,
    IF (i say if) i understand well in this photo:

You may think that there is an issue with "obstacle clearance" at this specific point that we are at 3,164 FT (baro) on TACAN approach to RWY 02 of Kasteli.
    At photo i see an AGL of 205 FT.
    This is totally wrong!
    The specific approach wants to we have a descent with 409 FT/NM from IAF until and KLI R-202/10 DME at 2,650 FT.
    That means that we are at 3,164 FT at: 3,164-2,650=514 FT, now 514FT/409FT/NM=1.26NM
    So we will be at 3,164 FT exactly at 10 DME + 1.26 DME = 11.26 -> 11.3 DME on KLI R-202.
    And at this point we have:

See, radar altitude of 2,620 FT (or obstacle clearance) and NOT 205 FT.
    Check also the outer view at the specific point:

Please DO NOT misunderstand my intention to help on clarification.
    Last, if i don't get the correct meaning of this photo/text, then please just ignore this post by me.
    And feel free to ask anything you want, you or any friend/member of this nice virtual squadron :).
    With my best regards,
    Nikos.

Hi there my friend Peter.
    Well i see a nice de-briefing for the TACAN approach to RWY 02 on Kasteli airbase.
    Everything was fine? Is there any possible issue that needs clarification?
    If you think that i can help, let me know.
    Always have easy and safe landings.
    Nikos.

Hallo Leute,

nach dem Redesign von Sparrow für unseren TARCAN APPROACH RWY 02 in KASTELI habe ich den Chart mal überarbeitet und aufgehübscht.

Gruß
    Keule

Dear friend Keule,
    At your new approach chart, DO NOT add "0" before FLs :winki:
    So keep it as mine "FL90" and NOT as "FL090".
    See you.
    Nikos.